We are preparing another exciting program for Summer Camp 2017, under the theme: Voyage of Discovery
The venue is our wonderful Cleeve House (Seend, SN12 6PG) in the Wiltshire countryside.
- The program is for children from 8 to 11 years old (namely those currently in years 3 to 6 at school) from any background (with a good recommendation from an FFWPU elder member).
- The camp will run from Saturday July 22 nd to Thursday July 28 th , with registration on the Saturday evening between 6pm and 7pm and graduation on the Thursday 2.30pm to 3.30pm. This is one day shorter than usual, which I hope will not be disappointing. We are restrained by the end of school terms and the start of the Family Summer Camp organised from South London. It has the advantages of having a Saturday start and also enabling us to manage without raising the fees, which would have been necessary if we had maintained our usual full week.
- There will plenty of the usual creative energy to achieve our core aims for the children to experience God’s love, build family-style friendships, study the Principle, practise good virtues and have lots of fun.
- The fee will be £100 per child (with discounts of £10 or £20 for a second or third child from the same family), as last year. We continue to strive, as always, to keep the costs to a minimum, with staff volunteering their time and even contributing to the fees. Any extra donations will be gratefully received. Please contact your local pastor if you need financial help to pay the fee.
- Please print out the application form below and complete it as a hard copy (one for each child), to be returned to me by June 16 th at the latest (by post), with a £10 non-refundable deposit for each child*, so that we can prepare things both internally and practically. Please make cheques payable to “C. J. Le Bas” (or send cash). It will be acceptable for most participants to pay the balance in cash at the start of the camp (though, of course, we are grateful to those who pay in advance so we have cash to cover the initial costs). If you are not ready to finalise this yet, please send me a simple e-mail of your intentions, so that I can have an idea of numbers in advance and can contact you as needed.
Application can be found HERE